[Linux-disciples] virgin gozone

Karl Sokol umchurch at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 23:52:23 EDT 2010

Hi all,

This is probably a long shot, but my insurance company gives me money for
logging in steps off of my pedometer.  I plug it into the USB port on
Windows which triggers a program called gozone to record the miles, clear
the pedometer, and send them to Virgin HealthMiles.
http://us.virginhealthmiles.com/pages/home.aspx

In Linux, the program opens in wine and puts a little Virgin icon in the
taskbar, which when I right-click on, gives the options to "Visit
VirginHealthMiles.com" or exit.  Clicking on "visit" opens a Wine Internet
Explorer and goes to the page.  So, there is life there.

Plugging in the pedometer gets this at the tail of dmesg...

[  109.620016] usb 6-1: new low speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address
2
[  109.802210] usb 6-1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
[  109.843231] generic-usb 0003:1125:2000.0007: hiddev99,hidraw6: USB HID
v1.00 Device [SportBrain In SportBrain USB] on usb-0000:00:1d.0-1/input0
karl at karl-desktop:~$

I think that it does the deleting part as well.  However, it doesn't upload
my steps, which means a daily trip to Windows, which is obviously
cumbersome.

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

Is there any hope?

Grace and Peace,

Karl Sokol

*Think and let think.* - John Wesley ("The Character of a Methodist" 1739)