[Linux-disciples] Completely remote install

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Tue Feb 8 09:04:27 EST 2005

Sure. This is done all the time.

See, e.g.

HOWTO - Install Debian Onto a Remote Linux System
http://www.underhanded.org/papers/debian-conversion/remotedeb.html

There are various methods. It is also possible to do a network install
if the computer can boot to network; or to have a small bootstrapping CD
(similar to Knoppix) that gets the computer online and then do the whole
installation remotely once you've opened up a network port.