[Linux-disciples] Squid SSL

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Mon Feb 7 10:40:27 EST 2005

Anyone here have experience setting up encrypted squid web caching? What
I'm trying to figure out is whether the stock Debian squid package will
allow an encrypted connection to the squid server so that the requested
URL itself is not snoopable.  My understanding is that normally all
traffic between the client (browser) and squid server is in the clear,
so it is just as easy to grab URLs out of that as it is without the web
cache.

A quick grep through the documentation leaves me a little confused about
the difference between using squid to access secure sites versus
establishes a secure connection to squid, regardless of whether the site
being access is secure or not.