[Linux-disciples] Per-directory Umask Setting?

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Fri May 28 07:54:13 EDT 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 02:04:12AM -0400, Chung-chieh Shan wrote:
> On 2004-05-27T16:45:43-0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
> > What I really want is for files *created* in a directory to inherit a
> > certain set of permissions, the way they inherit ownership if the
> > directory is ug+s.
> What if I hard-link a file from one directory into another?

Mmm.  This is an edge case.  I suppose there are various ungraceful ways
to handle that.

I can see problems that might be created with an "inherited permissions
model," but what I'm really wondering if whether it is at all possible.

> (I'm glad your wedding preparations are going well!)

Just multitasking as usual. I'm also graduating today and closing on a
mortgage.
--
Adam Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org