[Linux-disciples] MP3s on one machine, Apache on another

Stephen R Laniel steve at laniels.org
Thu May 20 18:57:58 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 11:18:21AM -0400, Adam Kessel wrote:
> Then, on Machine 1, create /etc/exports
> /mp3s 192.168.1.3(ro,root_squash)
> And on Machine 2, add to /etc/fstab
> 192.168.1.2:/mp3s /mnt/mp3s nfs users,noexec,ro,auto
> And you're all set.  This will allow only Machine 2 to mount the NFS
> share and no other systems.

(It takes me a while to do certain things. The NFS-mounting
of an MP3 directory is one such thing.)

The server -- the machine exporting the NFS shares -- is
giving me 'permission denied' when I try to mount it from my
client machine. Any idea why? The permissions on the NFS
share are rwx for everyone, just to make sure that's not the
problem; the share's owner is root:root. If the share is in
/etc/exports -- which it is -- shouldn't anyone in the
world who can see it be able to mount it?

--
``We need more bunnies listening to The Connection with
  Dick Gordon and less wars in Iraq.''