[Linux-disciples] Rotating a video

Adam Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Wed May 5 11:58:56 EDT 2004

My friend suggests "convert" for your video rotation.

----- Forwarded message from jessehammons at peliom.net -----

Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 08:31:46 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [steve at laniels.org: [Linux-disciples] Rotating a video]
From: jessehammons at peliom.net
To: Adam Kessel <adam at rosi-kessel.org>
Cc: Jesse Hammons <jesse at bostoncoop.net>

On linux, convert(1) from ImageMagick handles some video formats.

% convert -rotate 90 input.mpg output.mpg

  If your video file format is not supported you will first have to split
each video frame out into an image file and then use convert/shell
script to rotate each one.

On mac or windows, the cheapest way is with quicktime player pro ( don't
know of any freeware offhand)

-Jesse

----- End forwarded message -----

--