[*BCM*] Sound + Vision - Public Art Tour - May 17

Cambridge Bikes cambridgebikes at gmail.com
Thu May 1 12:04:12 EDT 2014

Enjoy a city-wide sound art installation and share your vision for the arts
in Cambridge on our “Sound + Vision” bicycle tour - Saturday, May 17, at
10:00 AM

With the help of the Cambridge Arts Council, we’ve put together a tour of
over 20 public art sites in Cambridge. We won’t just see art, we’ll hear
art. As we ride through the city, we’ll listen to the flowing,
site-specific music of ROUND:Cambridge, commissioned by the arts council
and created by Halsey Burgund. Each neighborhood has its own sound which
flows as you travel through the city.

ROUND:Cambridge also mixes-in participant’s voices. A smartphone app,
available for both iOS and Android, enables you to record your reactions to
the art. At designated public art stops, we’ll have the opportunity add our
comments to the performance. The Arts Council will also be listening to our
suggestions for the future use of a newly-created, full city block of open
space in East Cambridge.

We’re being supported with service and food donations from some great
sponsors. See the listings below to learn more about their participation
and click on their links to visit their websites.

The 13-mile ride begins and ends at the main library, 449 Broadway. We’ll
travel at a leisurely pace, escorted by Cambridge Police bicycle-patrol
officers. Including time for stops, the ride will last about 2.5 hours.
Like all our tours, this ride is free of charge.

We’re being supported with service and food donations from some great
sponsors. See the listings below to learn more about their participation
and click on their links to visit their websites.

The 13-mile ride begins and ends at the main library, 449 Broadway. We’ll
travel at a leisurely pace, escorted by Cambridge Police bicycle-patrol
officers. Including time for stops, the ride will last about 2.5 hours.
Like all our tours, this ride is free of charge.

See you Saturday, May 17, at 10:00 AM.
http://www.cambridgebikes.org/Spring2014/index.html

TOSCANINI'S
https://www.facebook.com/Toscis
“Like” Toscanini’s on Facebook to show your appreciation for their ice
cream donation

FLATBREAD
http://flatbreadcompany.com/FlatbreadDirectionsSomerville%20MA%202010.html
Good food and a mission to support local organizations that have an impact
on the community

URBAN ADVENTOURS
http://www.urbanadventours.com
Call 617 670-0637 to get a discounted $20 all-day rental for the ride

QUAD BIKES
http://www.quadbikes.org
The non-profit bike shop for the Harvard community in Radcliffe Quad

RINDGE SCHOOL OF TECHNICAL ARTS
http://rsta.cpsd.us/academics/culinary
Cambridge high school students’ program for cooking, baking, and restaurant
management

TRADER JOE'S
http://www.traderjoes.com
Unconventional and interesting products as well as everyday basics