[*BCM*] 4th Annual Boston Bike Update Feb 28

Kara Oberg kara at livablestreets.info
Thu Jan 26 15:36:57 EST 2012

Dear community groups,

The *4th Annual Boston Bike Update *is *February 28th. *Not only can you
ask Director of Boston Bikes Nicole Freedman your burning bike questions,
but Mayor Menino will also be at the event to speak and answer questions.
Attached is an event flyer to hang in your office/around town and
additional event details are below.

Please spread the word to your organizations and we hope to see you there!

Thanks,

Kara

4th Annual Boston Bike Update

*with Nicole Freedman, Director of Boston Bikes, City of Boston
*

*Tuesday, February 28th
5:45- 6:15 PM *Transportation Community Showcase
*-come learn about all the different groups working for better biking in
Boston**
6:15- 7:30 PM *Presentation
*7:30- 8:30 PM* Q&A/Discussion

*@ Boston Public Library, Rabb Lecture Hall, 700 Boylston Street, Boston,
MA 02116*

*Hosted by LivableStreets Alliance
*Free and open to the public.

Have you taken a ride around town on a Hubway bike yet? Has there been a
new bike lane installed in your neighborhood this past year? Have you heard
about the Boston Bike Network Plan? If yes, then you know that 2011 has
been a big year for Boston Bikes.

For the fourth year in a row, LivableStreets Alliance will host the annual
Boston Bike Update event. Nicole Freedman, Director of the Boston Bikes
Program, will present her fourth report on past achievements, challenges,
and future goals of the Mayor's effort to create a "world class bicycling
city." Come hear details on the Hubway bike share, the Bike Network Plan,
parking facilities, youth programs, festivals, and more.

Special guest, Mayor Menino, will speak to his "the car is no longer king"
policy for the city.

*Join us at this public forum on bicycle planning in Boston.*

LivableStreets is your advocate for a balance of biking, walking, and
transit with automobiles—creating safe streets and livable
communities—making the Boston region a better place to live, work, and play.

jackie at livablestreets.info

--
Kara Oberg I Program Coordinator
LivableStreets Alliance I Rethinking Urban Transportation

Subscribe to LivableStreets monthly StreetLife
e-newsletter<http://www.livablestreets.info/streetlife>
Not a member? Join/renew today <http://www.livablestreets.info/join>