[*BCM*] Bike Share program

rob levy r.p.levy at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 13:00:56 EDT 2011

A friend once told me that she felt a lot safer riding in Boston than in
Portland (and she was not insane), roughly 7 years ago. There are (and were)
several orders more bicyclists in Portland than in Boston, so that at least
anecdotally shows that motorist culture and bike-riders' influence on it may
be indifferent to the number of bikes on the road considered in a vacuum.
The safety of Boston biking conditions probably has a lot to do with the
lowered expectations that bicyclists have of drivers' behavior on the road
in this city.