[*BCM*] Bike Share program

Eric A Stratton eric.alexander.stratton at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 09:56:08 EDT 2011

Greg,

While I certainly wouldn't object to more cycling infrastructure, I think that the bike share program can help us get there. The more cyclists on the road, the more accustomed motorists will become to seeing them. Ideally the bike sharing program will help us (cyclists) be EVERYWHERE. In doing so the demand for infrastructure will grow. With all of these bikes on the road, another result I'd look forward to is that traffic will hopefully  have to slow down, increasing the safety for everyone (cyclists, pedestrians, other motorists). Again, while I welcome bike infrastructure, I think the bike share program will help us make the argument for it.

-E