[*BCM*] Critical mass fliers and communication with cyclists. (need advice on them!)

Janice Lee lightthematch at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 12:49:42 EDT 2010

i think i've been a victim of one of these flyerings.  Honestly, I was
a bit irritated to find my bike and every other bike at the Providence
train station each clear-taped with a full 8 1/2 x 11" flyer for CM.
I cried a little for the trees that day.  And for having to scrub
sticky residue off my bike.  I think the flyering was a bit overboard,
not to mention half the flyers became trash floating around the
street.  It didn't exactly make me want to go to Providence CM after
that.  I would think word of mouth might work a bit better than
littering every bike on the street with an unnecessary piece of paper.

Considering the lack of bicycle culture here in Prov, I would say 15 -
20 is a fair showing.  I also think CM has a much better ring to it
than "Bicycle Awareness Ride."