[*BCM*] This Saturday: Bike the Seven (Or More) Hills of Somerville

jb fentner symboliceon at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 18 05:05:22 EDT 2009

yea, but that's what fuckin' grinds my gears. saying that cyclists "should" sport helmets in this town in any situation isn't helping anything. in that sense you're not saying anything. wearing a helmet isn't going to prevent a bus from sneaking up on your left and clipping you.. wearing a helmet isn't going to make you more aware of what you need to look for in order to avoid getting doored.. wearing a helmet certainly won't help you out at all in many situations where basic knowledge will save your ass.
regarding the events.. cyclists all over boston vary in their experience. i mean, really, girls on beach cruisers? c'mooon. some folks just don't get how hellaciously dangerous it is until they get hurt. some of them get really hurt. some of them end up dead.
all i'm proposing is spreading information.. just basic shit that will prevent lives lost. wearing a helmet will not save your life if you don't know what you're doing and end up in a situation that could've been avoived with a lil bit of knowledge.