[*BCM*] THIS SUNDAY - Bicycle Tour of Historic Somerville, 2 pm

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Fri May 29 11:03:33 EDT 2009

Join the Somerville Bicycle Committee and the Somerville Historic
Preservation Commission for a Sunday afternoon bike tour featuring
Somerville's many historic houses of worship.

We'll meet at Somerville City Hall, 93 Highland Avenue, at 2 pm this
Sunday, May 31.  This easy 9-mile ride will be fully escorted by the
Somerville Police bicycle patrol.   We will visit historic churches
and synagogues throughout the city.  The ride will end at the
Somerville Museum, where participants can enjoy refreshments and view
the Somerville Preservation Awards exhibit.
Before the ride, from 1 to 2 pm, police officers will be available to
register bicycles and hand out literature on bicycle safety and
security.  Registering your bike helps police return it to you if
they recover it after a theft.

For more information, visit http://SomervilleBikes.org , e-mail
rnewman at thecia.net , or call 617-628-8895.

A $3 donation is requested to support the activities of the Historic
Preservation Commission.