[*BCM*] this week's mass

nate foilpan at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 23:16:12 EDT 2009

normally, i would have been riding with you all friday, but i got out
of work too late to make it in time.

first, how was the ride?

second, i was on the way home friday around 7:00, stopped at a light
in my car near the hess on cambridge ave. in allston and saw some
riders being aggressive and confrontational for no good reason. i know
that's not very surprising, but i was glad not to be in the mass after
seeing riders stop a car at the red light. the light was already red.
just pass through when it's safe to go and call it a day, people.

i took my car friday because my girlfriend tore her calf muscle last
week and couldn't walk or ride to work. nobody benefits by treating
drivers like they're the scourge of the earth. i thought the idea was
to share the streets and show drivers cyclists are "traffic," too.
riding -- or driving -- like a bunch of self-entitled d-bags is no way
to change minds.

of course, the riders who should probably hear this most likely won't.

when's the next "civil mass?"