[*BCM*] Fwd: Rails-to-Trails Conservancy March 3 in Somerville

pat rick plytheman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:07:23 EST 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: info at methuenrailtrail.org <info at methuenrailtrail.org>
Date: Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 12:13 PM
Subject: [Methuen Rail Trail] Rails-to-Trails Conservancy March 3 in
Somerville
To: methuen-rail-trail at googlegroups.com

 From RTC--

On Tuesday, March 3, 2009, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.*, Rails-to-Trails
Conservancy
<http://support.railstotrails.org/site/R?i=qAksNN6YNBeF-HEZIPKDKw..>
(RTC), the city of Somerville and other communities along the Mystic
River will host a town hall meeting at Tufts University in Somerville,
Mass. At this meeting we will share exciting plans to make your region a
more walkable, bikeable place to live, work and play, and provide you
with opportunities to be part of the process.

Somerville is spearheading an effort to engage the Boston region in
RTC's 2010 Campaign for Active Transportation
<http://support.railstotrails.org/site/R?i=FLiQEITZfYrfWjSWQ5ERuw..> to
double the amount of money the federal government invests in walking and
biking. Specifically, we are targeting $50 million to each of dozens of
communities, including those along the Mystic River, Boston and
Cambridge, to build a complete network of safe places to walk and bike
more and drive less.

RTC Northeast Regional Office Director Tom Sexton, Trail Development
Manager Carl Knoch and Policy Outreach Manager Kartik Sribarra will be
available to talk with you and answer your questions, along with local
leaders. Please join us!

*What:* "Active Transportation in the Boston Region"
*Where:* Tufts University (Barnum Hall, Room 104), College Avenue,
Somerville/Medford, Mass. Maps and directions are here
<http://support.railstotrails.org/site/R?i=KRVmCBqy-sbWaNS7Fp0Tbw..>.
*When:* Tuesday, March 3, 6:30-8:30 p.m.*
*Why:* To learn about and coordinate efforts to make the Mystic Valley
and the Boston region a better place to live, work and play through more
walking and biking.

/* Light snacks and beverages will be served during a brief networking
period at 6 p.m. The program will start at 6:30./

*_Please RSVP now
<http://support.railstotrails.org/site/R?i=ie7fH8E4OkUWX4QIhUPa2Q..>_*
to assist our planning.

If you have any questions, please contact Stephen Winslow, city of
Somerville, at 617.625.6600 ext. 2519 or swinslow at somervillema.gov
<mailto:swinslow at somervillema.gov>.

Thank you,

Rails-to-Trails Conservancy

P.S. Read about your community's campaign participation now
<http://support.railstotrails.org/site/R?i=3GqRl32jmIJqbNxEcITY7A..>,
and see which other communities are part of this nationwide effort.

--

Joyce Godsey
Methuen Rail Trail

978-376-5619 cell