[*BCM*] (no subject)

jb fentner symboliceon at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 02:05:37 EST 2009

"However, we found the headline "BU bridge plans could spur road rage" unnecessarily alarmist."

There isn't a damn thing anyone can do about the fact that ANY road construction in this town WILL incite road rage. There's absolutely nothing alarming about that. Anyway, I get the impression that the majority of drivers in this town allow the need for safety over belligerence. By majority I mean like 52% and am discluding tourists who can just get horribly clueless and therefore dangerous. Personally I think some sort of in-town or just "dangerous spots" e-governor for autos would be handy: microchips in the road that communicate with cars and tell them to chill out despite what their driver is trying to make them do. Like, say, a guy in his BMW SUV is trying to floor it in a 15mph area.. the chip tells said SUV "No, sir. You must chill." The dude can't hear that part.. he just starts thinking about bringing his SUV in for a checkup due to the lack of acceleration. Or something. I'm aware of the "tons of implications" part of this insane scheme.. but I guess that'll be left up to the tech guys/gals and the moral-transportation-authority guys and gals. 8]