[*BCM*] boston's bike sharing program (BIXI)

jb fentner symboliceon at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 17 01:00:13 EDT 2009

"=v= For once I'd like a bike-sharing program that isn't
sponsored by a destructive company.  J.C. Decaux is notorious
for their intrusions on liveable space.  Clear Channel promotes
oil wars and has morning drive-time DJs who like to joke about
hurting and killing bicyclists.
    <_Jym_>"

firstly i'd like to say that i haven't had caffeine in a day and a half, so i feel like i'm on a different planet right now.

secondly, yea, pretty much any time i see a company doing something to sponsor the "welfare" or "awareness" of cycling i assume it's
just a huge pile of PR bullshit to make them look better. kinda like how GM apparently got some incredibly good ad. company
to get people all excited about the Chevy Volt. does anyone with 15% of a brain actually think electric vehicles are a good idea?
how long is it going to take for the popular vote to be against creating more factories that burn coal to produce electricity?
are people just going to be so fucking greedy that they'll be ok with that so long as they pay less for gas? is that really what's
going to happen?

it's painfully obvious that technological advances that could actually help fix this mess of an environment we've created are
literally being killed off by cash. the evidence that humans lean more towards selfishness than selflessness makes me less interested
in giving much of a shit.