[*BCM*] 4am ride

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Sun Aug 9 12:19:00 EDT 2009

On Aug 9, 2009, at 12:00 PM, bostoncriticalmass-
request at bostoncriticalmass.org wrote:

> can anyone provide me with some answers regarding why i just
> witnessed about a hundred people on bikes obviously partaking in
> some ride that left off from the BU campus near the BU bridge at
> 4am while i was riding home?

That was the Back Bay Midnight Pedalers' annual August ride, which
was announced here (among other places):

http://bostonbiker.org/2009/07/27/boston-by-bike-at-night-2/

Started in Copley Square, ended in Christopher Columbus Park, and in
between went through Back Bay, Beacon Hill, West End, MIT, East
Cambridge, North Point Park, Charlestown, the Charles RIver Dam
locks, the Esplanade, Bay State Road, BU, Brookline, Jamaica Plain,
Franklin Park, Columbia Road, South Boston, and Downtown Crossing.

I was on the ride, as was Charlie Denison who took photos:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2262189&id=9128842&ref=nf