[*BCM*] Bostoncriticalmass Digest, Vol 62, Issue 14

Charvak Karpe charvak at alum.mit.edu
Wed Aug 5 09:32:09 EDT 2009

 Dude, it's not cool to randomly smash parked cars.  95% of drivers are
respectful to cyclists; they're just harder to notice.  It's the 5% that
pass dangerously and turn without looking who force us to be more
assertive.  U-Lock the rear quarterpanel of the next car that turns right
without signalling, not a parked car.

Also, did anyone hear follow up news or see what happened with the cyclist
who got hit in the westbound lane of the Craigie Dam bridge across from the
Museum of Science on Monday evening?  I rode by around 18:00 as the
ambulance pulled up.  She was on her feet, but looked a little out of it and
they put her on a stretcher for the ride.  I wonder if the medics coaxed her
into it so they can get paid or if she was really badly hurt.  That
section there is rather dangerous because the old yellow line and the
new one are both visible and many lanes get squeezed going both ways.  It's
hard enough to drive it in a car, especially when the opposing traffic
choose to use different yellow lines.