[*BCM*] Olympia

Anne Wolfe goannego at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 15:39:12 EDT 2008

I'm not saying it IS true for all CM, but I'm saying that if you want to
know why the public perception is the way it is, this is a good way to start
to understand that.  Because your average person in the street only vaguely
knows what CM is, and isn't terribly interested in finding out.  This
applies to lots of things with stigma attached - Islam, Christianity, CM,
Democrats, Republicans, Freepers and so on.  But to the extent such things
are celebrated as they were in this article, your life is going to get more
hassle as being a member of CM.

2008/9/28 Jym Dyer <jym at econet.org>

> =v= Yet once again, exemplarizing the aberrant, misdefining
> the whole on the grounds of the negative behavior of a few.
>
> =v= Critical Mass has spread to nearly 500 cities, most of
> them rolling on the same night as the Olympia ride.  Let's
> be conservative and guess that there were only 400 rides that
> night.  Two of them were especially celebratory, because CM
> turned 16 this month in San Francisco and 11 in Chicago.  But
> by God, since something negative happened at one ride off in
> a small college town across the continent, let's hold it up
> as YE TRVTH ABOUT ALL OF CRITICAL MASS.
>
> =v= Maybe we should start up a parallel movement.  We could
> call it something like, oh, I dunno, Critical Thinking?
>    <_Jym_>
>
> --
> Green Bay Steelers for Truth

Anne M. Wolfe, LL.M.
Mobile: ( 07805) 456901

Because I have seen insane things, all those grand historic paintings.  But
it is time and I am changing - into something good or bad, well that's your
guess.  - Dar Williams