[*BCM*] International Climate Action Day

SusanShamel at aol.com SusanShamel at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 19:47:07 EST 2008

Polar Plunge Dec 6 Walden Pond
International Climate Action Day
While not strictly speaking a biking event, surely one that is supported by
bikers!
(State Rep. Will Brownsberger did bike to the event last year from Belmont1)

December 6th, 2008 at 2pm - Walden Pond Polar Bear Plunge (o)

Routes 126 and 2A, Concord, MA -- www.keepwintercold.org

The Polar Bear Plunge was a huge success last year, so we decided to do it
again this year!  (See, for example, the articles in theBoston Globe and in the
International Herald Tribune from last year's event!)  We will take a dip in
the winter waters of Walden Pond to help spread awareness and encourage action
about climate change.

This event is part of an international effort to spread awareness of the need
for a cooperative intergovernmental action to stem climate change.  It is
scheduled midway through the United Nations Climate talks that are taking plance
in Poland from December 1 to 12, 2008.  To invite our next president to attend
these talks, please go towww.350.org/invite.  For more general information on
the Global Day of Climate Action, please visit www.globalclimatecampaign.org.

Check out smokin’ hot deals on laptops, desktops and more from
Dell.  Shop Deals
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100000075x1213345834x1200842686/aol?redir=http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;209513277;31396581;l)