[*BCM*] tonight's ride

turtle thewiseturtle at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 09:27:27 EDT 2008

One of the most important goals of Cm is to raise awareness of
dangerous conditions for cyclists, thus, driving on Storrow (where
most drivers are exceeding the speed limit and treating what was
designed as a leisurely and enjoyable parkway like some kind of
superhighway) is exactly the sort of thing CM should be doing.  At
least if you want CM to make a difference...

The point of biking as a large group is to make it more obvious that
bicyclists are road users who have a right to be there.  It's one
thing for cyclists to give up their rights as individuals (you have
the right to give up your rights :-) but if CM itself started caving
in to the unlawful and inconsiderate and dangerous drivers, then we'd
really be in trouble!  Thankfully, there are enough people out there
who don't let the cops or ignorant/screwed up drivers win when it
comes to using the public roads that we are legally entitled to use.

Peace, Love, and Biycles,
Turil