[*BCM*] WANTED: photo of the new "health insurance" bus campign of hit cyclist

robert fine countrybob at comcast.net
Sat Mar 29 22:49:57 EDT 2008

Sorry, I was a bit unclear in my statement that insured drivers are
protected while riding a bicycle. I was thinking of the oft chance case that
a bicyclist is hit by an uninsured driver. I "googled" the subject and found
the following statements:

From: http://www.massautoquote.com/

"Mass auto insurance laws require uninsured motorist bodily injury coverage.
The minimums on their coverage are 20/40, ($20,000 per person injured, up to
$40,000 total). This policy helps cover the cost of your injuries should you
be in an accident with a driver without liability insurance."

And, from:  http://www.car-accidents.com/pages/uninsured_drivers.html

"An insurance study found the five states with the highest uninsured driver
estimates were Colorado at 34 percent, Mississippi at 29 percent, Alabama at
28 percent, New Mexico at 27 percent and California at 26 percent. Colorado
differs in that bodily injury claims are subject to a $2,500 monetary
threshold and the uninsured motorist claims are not. In other states, the
thresholds are the same.At the other end of the scale, the five states with
the lowest uninsured driver estimates were Maine and North Carolina, tied at
5 percent each, South Dakota at 6 percent, and Nebraska and Massachusetts,
each with 7 percent."