[*BCM*] Awareness Test

Jim Leonard jim_bcm at xuth.net
Sun Mar 23 12:30:08 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 12:20:52PM -0400, RikkiLeigh at aol.com wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am not a bicycle commuter. Spring is here and I would like to ride around
> the city with my little dog in the basket and join you all on your group rides
>  however, I don't want to offend any of the serious riders who feel strongly
> about the issues concerning your lifestyle. I do however, represent the fun
> loving casual rider who loves the city and needs the exercise. The Dude, my
> Chihuahua also loves the wind through his ears. I am enclosing a picture of my
> beach cruiser that my teenage daughter winces at. It is actually a very well
> made bike made by Electra but the word funky don't begin to describe it.
> Picture  The Dude secured in the basket and please let me know if I should join or
> stay  away. I've been reading the exchange of emails and admire the
> involvement not to  mention having learned to moon walk. All comments are welcome.

If you want to ride a bicycle you are welcome in this crowd.  Since this list is
partially devoted to advocacy, there will be people with strong opinions about
various things and those opinions will clash.  But the one thing that we're mostly
all in agreement on is that we want people bicycling.  Come join us.