[*BCM*] Awareness Test

Tom Revay trevay at massbike.org
Sun Mar 23 11:25:57 EDT 2008

Jym Dyer <jym at econet.org> wrote:

> Tom Revay writes, inaccurately:
>
> > Jym is referring to a parallel discussion that is taking
> > place on the Yak mailing list ....
>
> =v= Actually, no, in fact, I am not.

Here are your words:

> >  =v= Judging from the discussion on other email lists,
> >  the resulting PSA wouldn't say, "Look out for cyclists."
> >  It would say, "That thing you didn't notice should be
> >  wearing a hideous screaming neon yellow jacket, and so
> >  should cyclists, and if they don't, it's their own damn
> >  fault if motorists don't see them, because motorists
> >  are never to blame for anything, ever."
> >     <_Jym_>

You have been engaged in a disagreement in Yak, Jym, with a member of
the MassBike Board about this video.  This is true.

Perhaps you've carried your campagin of insinuendo (to borrow a word
from the father of a well-known cyclist) elsehwere, to lists I don't
read.  That doesn't change the fact that you've made baseless claims.
But you may dispute this, of course, by enlightening us, and back up
your statements:  which list or lists do you refer to?  And what,
exactly, would have you make this allegation about MassBike, with
regard to this video?

> =v= Consequentially, all of that is wrong, too.

No, it is not.  You are tellin' whoppers.  MassBike has never made,
and I doubt would ever make, such a PSA as you claim.  The PSAs that
MassBike has made are all cyclist-positive, and have called for
*motorists* to pay better attention to us cyclists on the road.  Not
that I expect you've bothered to find out about them ....

> =v= If you've forwarded your inaccurate _ad_hominem_ slams
> to anyone else, please have the courtesy to forward this
> correction, as well.
>    Yeesh,
>    <_Jym_>

Yeesh, yourself.  When challenged to produce one shred of evidence
that your statements are true, you deflect and deny ... and that's not
gonna fly.

-- Tom