[*BCM*] Just got "pulled over" for running a red on Mass. Ave.

Wolfe, Anne Anne.Wolfe at Theaa.com
Thu Mar 6 10:58:26 EST 2008

I don't know, but I'm willing to bet that a motor vehicle running a red
light carries a more expensive penalty than a bike running a red light.
This would help address the greater risk (though those of us pedestrians
who have been hit by moving bikes who were running red lights or in my
case riding the wrong way down a one way street won't necessarily admit
that a bike at speed does no damage if it hits something.)

________________________________

From: bostoncriticalmass-bounces at bostoncriticalmass.org
[mailto:bostoncriticalmass-bounces at bostoncriticalmass.org] On Behalf Of
thom3 at aol.com
Sent: 06 March 2008 15:55
To: list at bostoncriticalmass.org
Subject: Re: [*BCM*] Just got "pulled over" for running a red on Mass.
Ave.

I disagree, you get busted, you're busted. No dbl parked car is going to
save your butt. That said, by nature, a motor vehicle infraction is more
dangerous to general safety of the public and the dbl parked cars in
Central Sq, lethal to bikers.

That said, if you are REALLY fed up about the dbl parked cars--and the
Cambridge Bike Committee has some conversations about this--you should
mount a complaint with the Cambridge PD. That would be a good use of
"critical mass."