[*BCM*] PRO CORKING & CONTAINER PACKIN' - SUNDAY W/ BNB

jasmine laietmark jasmine at bikesnotbombs.org
Thu Jun 12 21:46:02 EDT 2008

*THIS COMING SUNDAY!!! TWO AMAZING EVENTS W/ Bikes Not Bombs- TAKE YER PICK,
bike lovers! Or do both... !
Container loading to BNB's project in South Africa AND/OR MyRide, a
youth-led bike historical tour of parks (geared towards adults (and youth))*
*

*AND thanks again to all Bike-A-Thon riders and volunteers- at $105,000, the
event was well over double any of the 20 previous Bike-A-Thon's $!!! And it
was definitely the hottest day in B.A.T. history. HEROES, ALL! If you know
someone who rode it- pat them on the back! Whew and WOOOO!

- - - - - -*

SEE BNB YOUTH CORK LIKE PROS (and they literally are pros) & learn about the
community activism that led to some of your favorite Boston parks! Whose
streets? OURS.*

You are invited to ride with us on Sunday June 15th!
                               Father's Day! Invite your dad! Want
enticement? How about a $5 discount for your pops!

Bikes Not Bombs and MYTOWN present:

MYRIDE is...a youth led history tour by bike! Come see our youth instructors
and youth tour guides from MYTOWN show off their skills followed by a BBQ
party to kick off the summer.
               ... the 3rd annual collaboration between MYTOWN and BNB youth
leaders
               ... 8 miles, 6 tour stops
               ... $15/person, or $25 with T-shirt (Ride and BBQ included in
both prices)
               ... beginning @ 9:30am for bike check-overs an registration,
and 10 am roll out to our first tour stop!
               ... gonna be rad... totally rad. period.

MYRIDE flyers/registration are attached and you can also register online @
www.bikesnotbombs.org/myride
       registration is limited to 40 participants. So pre-register and you
are guaranteed a spot!

Please forward to others you think might be interested in coming on this
ride!
Father's Day! Invite your dad! Want enticement? How about a $5 discount for
your pops!

Need a bike? No worries we will have some available to borrow. However to
borrow a bike pre-registration is required!

- - - - - - - - -

HELP SEND BIKES TO SOUTH AFRICA
Sunday June 15th, 10:30 - 3:30

We'll need volunteers to help load a shipment of nearly 500 donated bikes
bound for the Bikes Not Bombs project in Diepsloot, South Africa.  We start
at 10:30 am and work until we finish, which we expect to be around 3:30pm.
We'll take a break around 1pm for a pizza lunch (provided) and a short talk
about the project.  Volunteers can come for any part of this time that works
for you.  Experience not required.

DIRECTIONS:
This event does NOT happen at Bikes Not Bombs. We will be loading from a big
parking lot at 179 Boylston St., Jamaica Plain, 2 blocks from the StonyBrook
T stop on the Orange Line. Coming from the NEW BNB at 284 Amory Street, turn
right on Amory (which puts you travelling away from the Green St T stop,
towards the StoneyBrook T stop). Turn right on Boylston Street (where the
StoneyBrook T stop is on your left) and then turn right into a large parking
lot which is part of the Brewery Complex. You'll see our 40 ft. shipping
container parked in this lot, just off the street.