[*BCM*] new Longfellow Bridge bike and pedestrian lanes

Ron Newman rnewman at thecia.net
Fri Jul 25 13:57:53 EDT 2008

A couple of weeks ago, the state closed the left lane on each side of the Longfellow
Bridge to motorized traffic.

Which makes those lanes an excellent place to walk, or run, or ride a bicycle.
  People don't seem to realize that yet.  This morning I saw at least 20 bicyclists
still hugging the narrow eastbound shoulder instead of using the empty left
lane.   I often see joggers on the shoulder, too.

These lane closures won't last, but let's take advantage of them while we can!