[*BCM*] Commuter question

Dan Barrett dbx at pobox.com
Wed Jul 2 15:13:05 EDT 2008

I use one of these when leaving my ride at South Station during trips:
http://www.kryptonitelock.com/Products/ProductDetail.aspx?cid=1001&scid=1002&pid=1194

Buy the big lock + chain, plus a mini u-lock for your back pocket.  In
the morning, leave the big chain locked to the rack at South Station
when you take your bike to work; use your mini u-lock to lock during the
day at work.  At night, secure the bike at South Station with big chain
through back tire and frame, and u-lock through front wheel and frame.

That's the way I've done it, and I've never had a problem, even when
leaving the bike at South Station for a week.  You might also want to
tape up your frame, both to protect it from scratches when locking and
to deter interest in it.