[*BCM*] MIT ride

Robotica androidqueen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 11:40:34 EST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008 11:32 AM, Hiroyuki G Yamada <hyamada at mit.edu> wrote:
> I would have to agree to Paul's sentiment -- Yea, it's a "Private
> institution," but it's also MIT. We're not exactly sipping tea with our
> pinky out, and our students are known for the whackiest hijinx known to...
> well, at least the east coast, if not most of the country. People
> routinely ride their unicycle/scooter/what have you down the corridors,
> and for the most part they are courteous about it and often get a laugh or
> smile, over an angry response.

Not to put words into Paul's mouth, but it sounds like you're
explicitly disagreeing.

As evidenced by the ousting of the local theater groups, MIT has
started changing its policies on this sort of behavior.  Not the
students, but the administration.  Behavior like this probably does
not help the situation.

-m

--
ninjaneer.  geomancer.  licensed scientician.