[*BCM*] Bostoncriticalmass Digest, Vol 43, Issue 3

Lee Peters leepeters at gis.net
Tue Jan 8 10:54:11 EST 2008

I have to insist that I am not a leader - because I don't do anything except ride when I can.  My opinion is formed from experience with the ride - and I am aware of how difficult it is to lead CM beyond a loose gathering of individuals moving through the streets.

Okay, so it may be perceived by some as advocacy - but be prepared for disappointment when it doesn't do what YOU want.  I am merely trying to get you to that point of understanding.  Over time, you will realize that without substantial leadership CM will only achieve so much.  Often it brings the plight of bicyclists down a notch as that motorist wipes the spittle from her windshield.

I am eager to see what the 'royal' you are going to assign to it.  If nothing else, you can try and prevent riders from entering buildings.  (which for me fits well with the party-on-wheels definition)  You may be able to succeed at that, but unfortunately announcing it on this list doesn't work.