[*BCM*] Bostoncriticalmass Digest, Vol 43, Issue 3

Lee Peters leepeters at gis.net
Tue Jan 8 10:13:51 EST 2008

Without leaders or members and set goals, CM is not really an advocacy group at all.  It is a party on wheels.

Please do not think it is an advocacy group without (you yourself) shaping it that way.  No one has really taken CM beyond anything but a party - and all I have heard are people under the illusion that it is advocacy and complained when it didn't live up to that standard.  I don't want to spoil your involvement, but CM would need substantial initiative to change.

The closest we have come to advocacy is the occasional flyer, sign affixed to bike, or route planning for a specific purpose.

(for the record, I wish too that CM was 'nicer'.)