[*BCM*] get out of emergency vehicle's way

K H accidental_mark at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 28 13:26:45 EDT 2007

Hi there.  I live on Mass Ave, and see your Friday rides often.

This incident is a while back---but as you passed by my apartment, there was an ambulance whose siren was on loud and clear.  I don't know what the cyclists mistook it for, but you guys screamed in defiance of cars, not letting the ambulance pass for a long long time.

The protocol for waving cyclists out of the way of the emergency vehicle does not work.  Please don't argue that it does, because it took this ambulance more than ten minutes to clear, and that's an irrefutable fact.

Please devise a new plan for how to get out of the emergency vehicle.  Test out the plan, don't assume that it works, clock how long it takes to get out of the way in reality.  Educate and remind the cyclists before every Friday rides.