[*BCM*] Scooters in the bike lanes

Zarkauskas, John A JAZarkauskas at StateStreet.com
Mon Sep 24 15:50:56 EDT 2007

Primarily because the e-mails I have seen appear to be in favor of the
exclusion of mopeds or scooters rather than suggesting that they could
coexist with bikes....

________________________________

From: bostoncriticalmass-bounces at bostoncriticalmass.org
[mailto:bostoncriticalmass-bounces at bostoncriticalmass.org] On Behalf Of
ThoM3 at aol.com
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 3:42 PM
To: list at bostoncriticalmass.org
Subject: Re: [*BCM*] Scooters in the bike lanes

and why do you think it would not be well recieved at Critical Mass?

In a message dated 9/24/2007 3:39:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
JAZarkauskas at StateStreet.com writes:

	I feel that if we continue to seek more laws to protect us, we
likely end up with more laws that will exclude us as well. Every day,
law abiding, safe drivers, cyclists, and pedestrians have accidents with
other law abiding, safe drivers, cyclists and pedestrians. I'm sure we
could reduce these accidents by introducing more laws to segregate us by
modes of transportation and then by speed and then by size etc, etc.....
but the results may be less than desirable as bikes get relegated to
bike paths and lanes and prohibited from everyplace else....

	If I had a moped or scooter, I would like to think that I could
ride it at a Critical Mass event. I doubt that would be well-accepted
but why not see it as an improvement over other modes of transportation
as opposed to an affront to the bicyclist?

See what's new at AOL.com <http://www.aol.com?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001170>
and Make AOL Your Homepage
<http://www.aol.com/mksplash.adp?NCID=AOLCMP00300000001169> .