[*BCM*] Dooring

Jeffrey Taylor jefctaylor at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 7 15:38:53 EDT 2007

When I was doored I had no chance to apply my brakes--not because I was speeding, or in the wrong place, but because the motorist  (illegally parked on Longwood ave, taking up most of the travel lane) opened his door into me after I had passed where I could see it.  I simply found myself off my bike in the middle of the road with a broken collar bone.

I don't know how the laws should be written, but I don't see why Massachusetts has to differ with all the other states that make it a crime to open your car door into traffic without looking.

I've got a blog.  (Of course I do.)  http://urbpan.livejournal.com/