[*BCM*] (no subject)

lynchy123 at beld.net lynchy123 at beld.net
Sun Oct 7 13:14:46 EDT 2007

A law making "dooring" illegal does not change the scenario it simply
shifts the blame. People are still going to get out of their cars.

	It is my belief that the blame should lie on the vehicle traveling at
unsafe speeds or with a lack of care.  We all have brakes on our bikes
and if you are traveling at a speed where you cannot safely avoid a car
door you are recklessly endangering yourself and others.  To me someone
who gets out of a car is no different then someone who walks out of a
blind spot between two cars. In my book pedestrians always have the right
of way.
because they made a poor decision, they moved into traffic without
looking.  I'll take my chances jamming my brakes and potentially hitting
a car door.  I'd rather not tussle with a bus.

Traffic laws are not currently balanced, but making them unbalanced
doesn’t change anything. The new law helps and doesn’t go far enough;
however, I'd rather wait for a good law than accept one that I think is
flawed.