[*BCM*] Walden Polar Plunge Dec. 8 Climate Action Day

SusanShamel at aol.com SusanShamel at aol.com
Wed Nov 28 16:46:29 EST 2007

Dear Critical Mass members,
       How about a bike ride to Walden Pond on Saturday, Dec. 8, followed by
a quick dip? I am involved in planning a local global warming awareness event
and am looking for participation. The climate crisis is so overwhelming that
it demands our attention if we're to solve it before the feedback loops are
uncontrollable!
       I would appreciate it if you could distribute the following
information.
        Thank you so much.
       Susan Shamel, Bedford

Walden Pond Polar Plunge on Saturday, Dec. 8, 2 pm
This is part of a National Polar Bear Plunge on Dec. 8,
an International Day of Climate Action, to coordinate with the G8 Climate
Summit talks in Bali, Indonesia

Expressing your commitment to fight global warming by jumping into a cold
body of water with your friends and colleagues may sound a bit crazy, but the
"Fight Global Warming - Keep Winter Cold!" National Polar Bear Plunge, on
December 8, 2007, is an easy, effective and fun way to participate in a nationally
coordinated event along with thousands of other concerned citizens across the
country during this critical presidential election season.

Come and watch, dip your boots in, or submerge, and join other climate
activists for hot coffee and cocoa while making a bold statement about the most
crucial issue facing our beloved planet..

For more information, see www.keepwintercol.org, or plunge at gwnet.org

Hoping to see you there,
Susan Shamel, Bedford

Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest