[*BCM*] TONIGHT: big movie premiere and talk at BNB

jasmine laietmark jasmine at bikesnotbombs.org
Wed Nov 7 11:00:07 EST 2007

*WHERE DO BIKES GO when boston is done with them? TONIGHT is a great night
to come to bikes not bombs and find out - this movie shows bikes' new lives
in ghana. read on:

ps info below re: shipment to barbados this weekend - yes! another
record-breaking year for bike re-use. come on down to volunteer.
617-522-0222

GHANA DOCUMENTARY FILM & VISIT *
Wednesday Nov. 7th
7pm at the BNB Hub, 284 Amory St.

Bikes Not Bombs has sent 15 shipments to the Village Bicycle Project in
Ghana over the past few years (5 of those in 2007 so far), which totals over
7,000 bikes.  So we are very excited to screen a 40 minute documentary film
which follows a shipment of bikes loaded at BNB, to the market in Ghana's
capital, and out to rural villages.  The film has just completed a world
tour of independent film festivals, and now we've got a copy to share.  It
is called AYAMYE, which in the Twi language of Ghana means "goodness,
kindness, generosity."  See www.ayamye.org for more info.

We'll have a few special guests too!
* Dave Peckham is the state-side director of the Village Bicycle Project,
arranging the shipments and tools that are sent to Ghana.  Dave is just back
from a trip to Ghana, and will be here to lead a discussion and answer
questions after the film.
* BNB Shop mechanic David Branigan will be here to discuss.  David worked
with the VBP in Ghana before coming to work at Bikes Not Bombs, and he's
featured in the film.
* Keith Oberg is the director of the Washington DC organization Bikes For
The World, with whom we are partnering for our new shipments to Panama and
Barbados.  Keith will be here to meet BNB volunteers and to join in the
discussion.

Ayamye* GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENEROSITY
USA 2007, DV 40 min.
Directed by Eric Matthies, Tricia Todd