[*BCM*] Moving bikes internationally

Florian Bennhold checktheflo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 20:33:57 EDT 2007

Marci,

I came to Boston 2 years ago and brought my bike along on the plane. It
counted simply as one baggage item. You can get bike boxes at every bike
store. Those are card board boxes in which they get bikes delivered and
they give them out for free. They do  not protect the bike very well and
since you have collapsible you might want to get something more
specific. I simply had to check my bike at the large baggage counter and
everything worked out.

Boston is quite a different biking experience than Germany (I am form
Berlin) especially since people are generally not used to bikes and tend
to not think of bikes when turning or opening doors. If you are aware of
it and not too easily scared biking is definitely the best way to get
around Boston.

If you need any other information feel free to contact me directly.

Guten Flug!

FLO