[*BCM*] Filter Masks

list at moz.geek.nz list at moz.geek.nz
Sun Jun 10 18:47:43 EDT 2007

Ben said:
> I've used HEPA filter masks and they're no fun to wear.  They get sweaty
> and you have to exert extra effort to force your incoming air through
> the filters.

I use the bike shop filter masks most of the time because I notice a
difference when I don't - the traffic smells noticably worse and my
throat is more aggravated after my commute. That may be a purely
cosmetic difference, but it's enough to make me happy. It also means
I notice smokers less while I'm riding which is a pleasant benefit.

Of course, while I'm actually wearing the mask all I really notice is
that my breathing is obstructed.

Moz