[*BCM*] Critical Mass Boston Globe feature story

turtle thewiseturtle at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 11:59:32 EST 2007

FYI there was a pretty good feature article about CM in the Globe
about 5 years ago that you might want to check out.  I imagine that
not much has changed about CM since then, so it might be useful to
read it and find some interesting tangent to take for a more in-depth
and interesting story than the informative, but dull, story that's
been done already.

-Turtle

On Dec 16, 2007 8:21 AM, Marc Larocque <marc.p.larocque at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working for the Boston Globe, just starting there as a co-op from
> Northeastern University. My mission is to show the greater Boston community
> what Critical Mass is all about, even in the cold of winter. I'm going to
> ride along at the next Critical Mass event at the end of the month. I just
> want to talk to people about their motivation for doing this (better
> bicycling conditions? environmentalism? awareness of bicycle riders on the
> road who are prone to being hit?). The only thing I've found in my archives
> is a story published in the Globe about Critical Mass L.A. and one in the
> NYTimes about the N.Y.C. Critical Mass. I'm definitely not trying to trash
> Critical Mass (as some have pointed my previous e-mail seemed "dubious." I
> have a few friends that are involved and they love it! I just need as much
> information as possible. Let me know if this is alright. I'd like to talk to
> individuals: newcomers and oldtimers at Critical Mass. Please, please help
> me write a fun feature on Critical Mass for the Globe's City Weekly section.
>
>  Marc Larocque
>  Fledgling Journalist
>  Northeastern University
>  Boston Globe
>  508 692 8164
>  larocque.m at neu.edu

Living Philosophy
http://www.thewiseturtle.com
.
"I'm not a genius. I'm just a tremendous bundle of experience."
R. Buckminster Fuller