[*BCM*] Critical Mass Boston Globe feature story

Marc Larocque marc.p.larocque at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 11:21:41 EST 2007

Hi,

I'm working for the Boston Globe, just starting there as a co-op from
Northeastern University. My mission is to show the greater Boston community
what Critical Mass is all about, even in the cold of winter. I'm going to
ride along at the next Critical Mass event at the end of the month. I just
want to talk to people about their motivation for doing this (better
bicycling conditions? environmentalism? awareness of bicycle riders on the
road who are prone to being hit?). The only thing I've found in my archives
is a story published in the Globe about Critical Mass L.A. and one in the
NYTimes about the N.Y.C. Critical Mass. I'm definitely not trying to trash
Critical Mass (as some have pointed my previous e-mail seemed "dubious." I
have a few friends that are involved and they love it! I just need as much
information as possible. Let me know if this is alright. I'd like to talk to
individuals: newcomers and oldtimers at Critical Mass. Please, please help
me write a fun feature on Critical Mass for the Globe's City Weekly section.

Marc Larocque
Fledgling Journalist
Northeastern University
Boston Globe