[*BCM*] - Boston t Bike Ride

Mars martian at MIT.EDU
Mon Aug 6 10:41:57 EDT 2007

By the way, by "clear message", I mean they visibly send a clear
message; they are a preventative measure, not reactive. In other words,
u-locks do not represent a threat to a potential attacker until they
have crossed the line between potential and actual, where baseball bats
sticking out of bags are a clear visible signal that we are not merely
sitting ducks.