[*BCM*] - Boston t Bike Ride

tjvitolo at bu.edu tjvitolo at bu.edu
Sun Aug 5 08:05:50 EDT 2007

I've often wondered about having a volunteer car or two serve as a
buffer.  It's true that the mass would occasionally "lose" the car due
to light timing, etc... but I suspect that with cell phones and a
driver reasonably knowledgeable of the local roads, that he could catch
up.

By driving a car at mass speeds behind the last cyclist in the lane,
the car serves as a natural buffer.  It'd be imperfect, but perhaps
safer for everyone involved.

Like everything else CM, it wouldn't be a formal arrangement, rather a
happy and safer coincidence.

  - stomv