[*BCM*] - Boston t Bike Ride

. nevele symboliceon at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 4 01:25:05 EDT 2007

i shall continue to take the position that CM should actually obey traffic
laws; if the mission is to get drivers to respect our right to use the
streets we need to show them that we also respect their right to use the
streets. this means that instead of blocking traffic we stop at red lights,
go when they turn green, and if the mass gets cut in half by the
intersection the front half stops to wait for the rest of the mass to mass
up once they've got the green again. there'll still be impatient, pissed off
drivers stuck behind our slowly moving mass, but way less than if we were
blocking intersections AND we'd probably never have to deal with cars
mangling bikes while trying to go through the green lights they're legally
obliged to go through.

regarding bike cops: two of 'em came in to my work (paris creperie ->
coolidge corner) today.. nice guys.. one was a regular customer.. and still
i feel this urge to commit a crime in front of a bike cop JUST to see if
they could actually catch me.. :D

speaking of work.. i think i'm going to recommend at the next managerial
meeting that we offer a 10 or 20% discount for every cyclist who comes in.
i'll keep ya'll posted. =]