[*BCM*] gordon riker

Basil Sharpe bsharpe at redcoatpublishing.com
Tue Apr 10 11:15:38 EDT 2007

Last night, I was riding from Beth Isreal Hospital.   I came down
Francis Rd to make a left onto Brookline Ave.  I got into the left lane
and made myself visable in front of an ambulance waiting to make a left.
The light turned green.  I made my left and got way over to right on
Brookline.  The ambulance said over the speaker to get off the road.
At the next light I told him that I was trying to make myself visable
and stay out of his way.  The light turned green he had his right signal
on but instead went straight for me nearly missing my rear wheel.  Then
he drove fast too close to me.  At this point I pulled over reported his
plate number 4031 to the Boston Police and then called Cataldo
Ambulance.  Cataldo said they  did not have any ambulances with that
plate number.  I was pretty upset and may have misread the plate number
but I think it in fact was 4031.   Very frustrating.  I bicycle all the
time but times like these cause me to really wonder.   Especially with
what happened last week on Hunting Ave.   That guy just shouldn't be
driving an Ambulance at all.   Imagine this is a guy who is supposed to
be for life and he's out harassing Cyclists.  I hope he gets caught
before he hurts someone with that big killing machine//Ambulance.