[*BCM*] gordon riker

casey engels caseyengels at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:20:36 EDT 2007

i understand that anytime we lose a friend for completely random and
horrible reasons, it is difficult beyond belief, words, and explanation.
there is nothing that can really be said to combat or alleviate this kind of
loss - for individuals or a community.

however, i believe that this forum has brought up some really interesting
topics for bicyclists in boston & most people on the list have done a great
job of looking towards positive and productive change.  i am new to the
list, action-wise, and hope to see more of the suggestions for good
work/laws/maps/anything for making biking inviting and in-plain-sight for
people in this city.

i appreciate all of the work, thoughts, actions that each person
contributing to this list, critical mass, and bicycle awareness in general
has brought to the front and center of everyone's minds this past week or
so. (save the random guy a few strings ago who clearly shouldn't be on the
list - writing about the right to open his door whenever he wants into a
bike lane).

i did not know gordon riker, but my heart & thoughts are still with everyone
who did.  for the rest of us, be safe and keep working to create positive
awareness for all of us.

.casey.