[*BCM*] It's not about laws

tstrong at riseup.net tstrong at riseup.net
Sun Apr 8 12:52:22 EDT 2007

I want to put out here that the problem is not just about laws and who
follows them or enforces them.  It's about people trying to get from point
A to point B in the quickest way possible via roads that can't handle the
amount of traffic that travels on them everyday.  How many here have
witnessed someone completely out of their minds because they're late for
work after sitting in miles of traffic jams?  How many have witnessed just
plain rudeness of people cutting people off just so they can get the
advantage of being up one more place in the line of traffic.  It's like
watching a bunch of elementary school kids fighting and shoving over who
cut in the line--except it's adults who are fighting over who can make the
light before it turns red.  I wouldn't trust someone in that frame of mind
to both see me and give me right of way.  Do I really want to go out on
the streets every day as an experiment on how many close calls I can
avoid--especially when I am outnumbered and outweighed by thousands of
cars operated by irate, frustrated drivers?