[*BCM*] List of dangerous streets

Andrew Toomajian andytoomajian at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 6 11:31:11 EDT 2007

I think it might be more productive to focus on "best" routes rather than which streets are dangerous and why.  The SF Bike coalition, for example, makes a map of bike routes through the city avoiding it's major hills.  It would be a great project to do this for Boston, with the goal of avoiding areas of especially high traffic, severely pot-holed roads, etc.

Me and the sweetie were talking about this last night - does anyone offer classes or guidelines on how to ride safely in traffic?  This might be a great project for MassBike, and I bet there is grant money for it somewhere.  A lot of it boils down to "when in doubt - take the lane" but I'm sure there could and would be more to it than that.  The sweetie has done a lot less city riding than me so she ends up asking me for survival tips a lot.  I bet a lot of people are in a similar situation and a well promoted class would help avoid accidents like this one.