[*BCM*] biker killed on huntington ave

Rachel Elizabeth Dillon red at mit.edu
Thu Apr 5 10:34:05 EDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 09:39:22PM -0400, Rachel Elizabeth Dillon wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 08:38:09PM -0400, Lee Peters wrote:
> > This is a description of what we can do:
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_bike
> >
> > The bike itself is a symbol and memorial, so it doesn't matter what kind.
>
> I'll take pictures in the morning. Anything you think you can work with to
> produce one of these is yours. Of course, if you can come up with something
> before then, feel free; if you're willing to wait until tomorrow evening,
> I can get a van and drop off a bike somewhere.

Here's what I have:

First, a couple of cruiser-type bikes, the one in the front would just
need some white paint and new tubes (and it's not like I'm ever going
to ride the thing):

http://www.akrasiac.org/rachel/bikes/IMG00043.JPG

Second, an old three-speed (I have the front wheel in the basement
somewhere, I'm pretty sure):

http://www.akrasiac.org/rachel/bikes/IMG00044.JPG

Last, an old Raleigh that's seen better days:

http://www.akrasiac.org/rachel/bikes/IMG00045.JPG

None of them are currently ridable but they're (especially 1 and 3)
still quite intact.

-r.